Monday, October 6, 2014

SKINFOOD: Black Sugar Wash Off Mask || Review


Hey guys~
Suji here, and today, I'm going to do a review on the famous, Skinfood Black Sugar Mask Wash Off. I bought this mask due to many positive comments toward it and many Korean Beauty Gurus recommended this product.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            
Product: Skinfood Black Sugar Mask Wash Off
Size: 100g
Made In: Korea
Cost: Amazon -> ~$10.90
Description: A mask that contains mineral-enriched Brazilian black sugar, and promotes smooth, glowing skin.
Direction: After cleansing, massage onto damp face, avoid the eye and mouth areas. To minimize irritation, add water or toner while massaging. Leave for 10-15 minutes. Rinse of with lukewarm water.
Claims: Promotes smooth, glowing skin, exfoliate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 
Packaging: ❤❤❤❤
This mask came to me in a white jar (as shown above), no boxes, just plastic sealed up. You can kind off see through the jar and see how much products you have left. This jar is pretty sturdy, I dropped it 2-3 times and no damages. On on lid, there's picture of a bottle with the word 'sugar' on it, which I found unique. Though its understandable that  this products can't come in any other packaging, but having an extra spoon or spatula so scoop the product out would be better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         
Price: ❤❤❤❤❤
I bought this mask from long ago for $5.98 without shipping, and I'm pretty happy with the pricing. Though, I recently checked and on Amazon, it is now around $10.90 or so. Unless you can find it cheaper at other online shop, good luck finding the perfect price! For me, I'm satisfied with mine~

Where to get it? At W2Beauty for 5% off! 
Use the code: 193016108 to create an account and get discounts!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  
Scent and Texture: ❤❤❤❤
I first opened it and a really strong and uncomfortable smell leak out. But the more I use it, the more I got used to it. Though, I still don't like the smell that much. Now for the texture. This mask have a thick but liquid pieces of sugar grains. As I picked it up, I can feel the big sugar grain on my finger, which is why I hesitated to apply it on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Application: ❤❤❤❤❤
I rated it low because i have to dip my finger inside the jar, which isn't very clean. On my first scoop, I got too little and only able to cover the forehead and nose. The sugar grain was so big, it felt as if my skin was almost going to peel off from my face.. (xD) It hurt so much, so that's why, I think that if you have dry or sensitive skin, don't use this mask. This mask would work well for the pores and blackheads on your nose, which what I use it for now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  
Result: ❤❤❤❤
As I expected, my skin got very red afterward. But for me, redness isn't a big problem, just lessen how often you use the mask. Other than that, my skin feel nice and tight. And it's especially squeaky clean~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Overall: ❤❤❤❤
This product is pretty nice overall. The sugar grain is a little harsh so if you have dry and sensitive skin like me, it's not recommended, or if you still want to use it, lessen how often you use this product. Other than that, I like the result of this mask. Very exfoliating, clean and tight!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Repurchase: Maaaaayyybeeeee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PROS:
- very exfoliating
- good price
- sturdy packaging
- texture won't leak
CONS:
- harsh sugar grain
- smells weird at first
- should have been more hygienic when apply
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FUNNY STORY: Before, I always apply it on just like a cleanser and rinse it off right away, when the direction CLEARLY said that I have to let it stay on my face for about 10-15 minutes... (xD Not a reader) And I only feel dumbfounded when Mina, was using it with me and she (who is a very careful person, opposite of me.. =P) figure out that we have to leave it on... So yeah, here's some quick tip, always read the direction, especially when it's clearly written in English for you!

And that is it for my Skinfood Black Sugar Mask Wash Off Review.
Do you have this mask? How do you like it?
Bye now~
- Suji
PS: Gif credits goes to owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can comment, including anonymous users! So don't hesitate to leave me a comment! And feel free to leave your blog name and I'll make sure to check it out! ~Mina