Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Korean Lip Tints: Review + Swatches

Hey guys! Today I'll be telling you all about my top 3 current lip tints! Lip tints are a popular trend in Korea and most Korean women prefer tints over lipstick, since it can give off a gradient look and you can layer it to build up pigment. Here, I purposely got three different kinds. The first is a watery liquid, the second has a creamy texture, and the third has a gel-ish texture secured in a pot. Well, here we go and hope you enjoy!



The first up is Holika Holika's Holy Berry Tint in #2 Raspberry:
So far, this is my favorite lip tint. The color really matches my skintone and it doesn't dry up your lips. I also love how it's really spreadable and it's easy to achieve the gradient lip look. read my full review here: Full Holy Berry Tint Review

Next is the Tonymoly Delight Magic Lip Tint in Green Apple:
The negative thing about this is that it's kept in a pot. Which means you have to use a lip brush or your finger to apply it. (I prefer the first option) But also, the good thing is that it's travel friendly, won't crack or break, and nothing will leak out at all, since it's a gel like texture! Read my full review here: Full Tonymoly tint Review

And last but not least, the Etude House Fresh Cherry tint in Red:
This is also one of my favorite tints. The color is not red like it says, so I was a little disappointed there.  It's actually a dark pink/magenta. This tint is very pigmented, actually the most pigmented tint I've ever used so far. It lasts longer than the other tints I've used, which is great.
 Full review here

And now, time for swatches!! Yay!!
From left to right - Holy Berry Tint, Tonymoly Magic Tint, Etude House Fresh Cherry Tint.

And now, this is after it dries and started to wear off a little:
As you can see, the Holy Berry and Fresh Cherry tint are a matte finish. The Tonymoly one gives off a glossy finish, even after a couple hours. The Tonymoly tint is actually the lightest and less pigmented out of the three. And that's my conclusion!

That's it, I hope this was helpful to you all! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed!
~Mina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can comment, including anonymous users! So don't hesitate to leave me a comment! And feel free to leave your blog name and I'll make sure to check it out! ~Mina