Friday, February 20, 2015

NATURE REPUBLIC: Aloe Vera Soothing Gel || Review & Swatch


Hey guys! Today I'll be reviewing a really popular product, the Aloe Vera Gel from Nature Republic!

What it claims to do:
Provide hydration to the skin
Reduce the appearance of damaged skin
Promote an attractive, refreshed and healthy look
Cools and soothes skin after sun exposure

These are some things you can do with the giant container of aloe vera gel!

Price: ❤❤❤❤❤
I was absolutely satisfied with the price of this product. I got it for $8.99 with free shipping on Amazon. The price is very reasonable for such a good product.

Packaging: ❤❤❤❤❤
The container is huge (300ml), and will last you for many months. What I dislike about the container is that when it's not sitting upright on a flat surface, the gel will get onto the inside of the lid. I would prefer it in a tube packaging, but it's not a big deal. Other than that, the container is sturdy and the product won't leak, so I'm happy with it, although it is definitely not travel-friendly.

Scent & Texture: ❤❤❤❤
The smell is actually very pleasant, like normal aloe vera, although you can definitely smell the alcohol. I don't min it, because when you apply it, the smell disappears. When I applied this on my face, it sort of feels like water, but in a good way. It's very lightweight, but does what it's supposed to do.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SWATCH ON HAND:


SWATCH ON HAIR:

Effectiveness:
I've noticed that it doesn't really do anything to my face. Yes, it definitely moisturizes, but it doesn't help my face or make it worse of blemishes, acne, etc. I've had no breakouts with using this though! 
On a different hand, I absolutely love this product in my hair. I usually don't get frizzy hair, but when I do, I just spread a little of this on. It also gives my hair a nice shine to it. 

CONCLUSION:
Using this aloe vera gel for a couple months now, I've concluded that it's very useful. ヽ(´ー`)ノ
I love how it feels on my hair, and it also feels good on my face. I would definitely recommend it to people with sensitive or oily skin. The gel is really gentle. I prefer to use it for my hair, but still use it on my face as a moisturizer from time to time. 

Also, this product is AMAZING as a base for BB cream or foundation.

Overall, I'd give it ❤❤❤❤4/5

And that's it! What do you think of this product? Do you think it's worth it?
Thanks for reading and I hope this review was helpful to you!

~Mina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can comment, including anonymous users! So don't hesitate to leave me a comment! And feel free to leave your blog name and I'll make sure to check it out! ~Mina