Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Review & Comparison - INNISFREE: Jeju Volcanic VS. Super Volcanic - Pore Clay Mask

Hey lovelies! Today I'll be comparing two very similar products from the brand Innisfree. 
The Super volcanic pore clay mask and the Jeju volcanic pore clay mask.
If you're wondering what the difference is between these two masks, you're at the right place!
The difference in the name is the 'super' and 'jeju'. However, the 'super' version says it does contain volcanic clusters from Jeju. 

Descriptions:
Jeju Volcanic: This Jeju volcanic scoria clay mask intensively absorbs sebum and clarifies skin pores.
Super Volcanic: This clay mask with it's super volcanic cluster capsules powerfully absorbs sebum to intensively resolve pore concerns.

My thoughts: Both descriptions on these clay masks have basically the same meaning, just worded differently. From these descriptions, I'm guessing the Super Volcanic is stronger.

Directions: After cleansing, apply skin toner to refine skin texture and gently smooth over entire face, avoiding the eye and lip area. After 10 minutes, gently roll using fingertips to rinse off with lukewarm water.

Price: ❤❤❤❤ 4/5
The price of these two masks are relatively the same, however, depending on where you purchase these, the price will definitely differ.

This is where I got mine-
Jeju Volcanic: $18 on a Korean online store
Super Volcanic: $10 at Incheon Airport duty free

I would definitely say that $10 is an amazing price for this mask.
 However, if you live in the US, Korean beauty products are usually hard to find and when you do find them, they're usually super duper expensive. Anyways, I'm still happy with these purchases!


Packaging: 
Jeju Volcanic: ❤❤❤❤ 5/5
Super Volcanic: ❤❤❤❤ 5/5

DIFFERENCE: The 'Jeju volcanic' has a lighter brown container, whereas the 'Super volcanic' is in a darker brown container. The cap is also a different color. The 'Jeju volcanic' containing a silver cap and the 'Super volcanic' containing a bronze cap.
Left container - Jeju Volcanic
Right container - Super Volcanic

The containers are cute and sturdy. They fit perfectly in the palm of your hand. The cap is aluminum.
It contains 100mL of product.


Another thing - If you guys didn't know, you'll find this little symbol in most of your beauty products. It indicates how many months the products is good for after opening. 

The thing I noticed is that the two masks have different time stamps. 
Jeju Volcanic says 12 months after opening.
Super Volcanic says 9 months after opening. 
Jeju Volcanic      Super Volcanic


Application/Texture: 

Jeju Volcanic - ❤❤❤ 3/5
Super Volcanic - ❤❤❤❤ 4/5

Left - Jeju Volcanic     Right - Super Volcanic
So this is the inside of the jar. The product's texture and consistency is almost exactly the same. The only difference we see is the slight color difference. The Jeju Volcanic is a very light creamy brown color, whereas the Super Volcanic has a grey tone to it. 

Another difference is that personally, I think the Jeju Volcanic has a more creamy consistency when applied to the skin. The Super Volcanic has some little particles.

The reason Jeju Volcanic gets 3 hearts when Super volcanic gets 4, is because after both of the masks dry, the Jeju volcanic tends to get very crumbly on the skin. Basically when you touch your face, the mask will get crumbly and fall off. However, that doesn't happen with the Super volcanic, so it gets an extra heart.

Effectiveness: ❤❤❤❤ 5/5
Super Volcanic - Contains 6020mg of Jeju volcanic clusters. It clears pores and controls sebum production. It's also refreshing on the skin, as it gives a tingling sensation

Jeju Volcanic - Contains 3000mg of Jeju volcanic clusters. Also clears out pores, however it's more gentle compared to the Super Volcanic.

Both masks brightens up dull skin and makes my skin super soft. 

Overall: ❤❤❤❤ 4/5
 Super Volcanic - For people with oily/combination skin types.
Jeju Volcanic - For people with normal/dry skin types.

Repurchase?
Yes. I would repurchase the Super Volcanic version, and not the Jeju Volcanic, simply because I have super oily skin with large pores. I bought both of the versions to see what the differences were and which one I liked better. Now that I know and tried both of them, I'm happy to say that I'm satisfied with both of these masks.

 Alright guys, that's it for this review & comparison! I hope it was helpful!
Leave me a comment down below and I'll make sure to love you forever~
Bye now!

~Mina

5 comments:

  1. Mina,
    Wow! You got the Super Volcanic mask for only $10?!? That's such a good deal~~ <3
    I really want to try the Jeju Volcanic one now!
    Should it be applied all over the face or only on oily areas (such as t-zone)?

    Love this review~

    (PS: Loving the new makeover <33)

    Xx, Suji

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sushi, I mean Suji, (autocorrect- decided to just leave it lolol)
      Yes $10 is a great deal~ Items at the airport are always expensive, meaning that it must be even cheaper in the city (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ *flips table*

      Sadly, they didn't sell any Jeju Volcanic versions, so I guess you'll have to stick with the Super Volcanic.. (you have one waiting for u)

      And in my experience, the great thing about this mask is that you can apply it however you'd like! When you're feeling lazy, you can just apply to the face where you have large pores and it's good to go! Or some nights where you're just feeling it, ;) you can apply all over.

      Thanks for the feedback and support~ <33

      ~Mina

      Delete
  2. I think I would like to try the super volcanic one since I have big pores >3< . thanks for the review ^^
    anw thanks for visiting my blog, lets support each other ^^
    have a nice day^^

    torichux3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tori~
      Thanks for visiting and commenting! I'll definitely support your blog! <3

      ~Mina

      Delete
  3. Thank you, it's so helpful for me to find out which is better for my skin :)

    eriaekaw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Anyone can comment, including anonymous users! So don't hesitate to leave me a comment! And feel free to leave your blog name and I'll make sure to check it out! ~Mina